MB Final Four
By Chris Bongolan
Arguably, the favorite going into the season and heading into the playoffs. They have sustained consistent success by playing suffocating defense and keeping opponents well below their comfort level on offense, as they are no doubt the best in the league in defense. They have the best closer in the league in Aaron Duncan and they have the experience to go all the way, as this team has the championship experience.
- Aaron Duncan, the best one on one player in the league. PERIOD
- Atil Williams, the guy that will do everything and anything. One of the teams best rebounder and perimeter scorer
- Matt Ziobrowski, this piece may be the piece that this team has been longing for, can he produce on the game biggest stage? Only time will tell…
Layne,Morris, Elcock, Bucknell, Francis
All MB veterans excluding Layne, all know how to win and will do everything to win. Enough said. They know the importance as this team’s mentality is “championship or bust”.
MBprediction - FAVORITE
Defense wins championships…
They have the experience and IQ to go all the way, as the core group have been playing in Megacity for a number of seasons. They are one of the best defensive teams in the MB Final Four, as they have lock down defenders on the perimeter and paint, but the Achilles heel this Sunday may be their scoring, as their main scorer will not be dressed and if any game gets close in the end, they may struggle lacking that “Go-to” player in the final moments. If they can find a rhythm early and get production from Mitchell, Kwasi, and Machulla they can go all they way, the only question is will they be able to produce?
- Bryan Mitchell aka B’Mitch will need to come up big, if he can repeat his performance last week his team will be in a great position to take it all.
- Kwasi Adu-Basowah is the team main offensive threat in the post, he needs to establish himself in the game early, look for Fully Loaded to go to him early on as he was on fire last week against Northside.
- Jeremy Machulla was the surprise last week, as he exploded with a team high 21 points last week. If he can find a groove by balancing with the bigs down low and getting teammates easy baskets, Fully Loaded will make it to the final at a minimum.
Wynter, Agyemang, Artwell Harriot, Perkins
These guys do all the things that usually never show up on the stat sheet, as they are the foundation of Fully Loaded’s defensive game. If they can lock down their matchups and contribute offensively, there is no doubt they go all the way.
MBprediction - WILDCARD
There are a lot of “If’s” in their team analysis, as there are many variables that will have to go their way to go all the way. Again, if all does go right for them they can go all the way.
The one team out of all teams in the MB Final Four that can adjust to any style of play, whether it will be a low-scoring grind or a high octane offense, they can do it. Also, this was one of the few teams that can give headaches defensively, as their bigs can move and shoot like guards. Finally, their best player has an act of getting teammates easy looks and is one of the best leaders in MB, so it will be very tough to not picture this team in the final. The only concern is will the “others” be ready this Sunday, so we will just have to wait and see.
- Chad Bewley is likely the most challenging player to guard in the Sunday Advanced Division, as he can honestly do it all. His defense is not as comparable to his offensive game but his strengths and his intangibles, make up the difference for any shortcomings.
- Al Alilovic has been huge for Apocalypse this 2014 campaign, as he leads the team in rebounds and double doubles this season. Any success for Apocalypse will likely include a strong game from Alilovic.
- Nathan Carter is the floor general and the glue for this team, if he can show up and play a consistent on Sunday, the team will be good shape to winning it all.
Lemos, Collins, Francis
All these guys do different things as Lemos is the scorer, Collins is the facilitator, and Francis is the guy that does all the “dirty work” for the team, which is definitely what every championship team has… Only question can they step up on the biggest stage with all eyes on them?
MBprediction - FAVORITE
This teams versatility will be the difference, but you never know what you’re going to get when the nerves start calling and when players are put in high pressure environments.
In terms of Megacity Basketball history, they are the team that should be considered the underdogs, as they are the lowest ranked seed coming into the MB Final Four. They finished fourth in the regular season and in their playoff matchup against the fifth seed Sky Hawks, it was a game that could have went both ways, eventually they pulled away in the final minutes with some great play on the defensive end, but on Sunday they will definitely need Guada, Gooding, and Saliha to produce and have great games.
- 2014 Co-MVP Anthony Guada did not have his best game in the quarters and he needs to do a much better job, if Stealth has any intentions into winning it all this Sunday.
- Nolan Gooding stepped up huge against Sky Hawks as the crafty lefty hit clutch baskets and key defensive stops at the end of the game. His experience is critical and his production will be a determining factor on how far Stealth goes.
- Saliha did not have his best game offensively, but he has earned the right to be considered one of the best bigs in the league. He controlled the paint with key blocks and great defense in the post, if he can get going and find a rhythm, Stealth will be in a very good position to take it all.
Adams, King, Henry, La Barrie
The following guys have had significant impacts during the 2014 campaign and Stealth will need them to step up, who will it be?
MBprediction - UNDERDOGS
If the Stealth “Big Three” produce all at once, they can win it all. But they have to get past SWAT which they were dominated the last time they met.
Good luck to all teams and may be best team win!
Megacity Basketball Inc.